Zucchini Twice-Baked Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 65 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 3 large baking potatoes (about 3/4 pound each)
- 3 cups shredded zucchini (about 2 medium)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Scrub and pierce potatoes. Bake at 400° for 50-75 minutes or until tender. Cool until easy to handle. Reduce heat to 350°. In a large skillet, saute zucchini and onion in 1 tablespoon butter until tender. Drain and set aside.
- Scoop out the potato pulp, leaving a thin shell; place pulp in a bowl and mash. Add the sour cream, salt, pepper and remaining butter; mash. Stir in zucchini mixture. Spoon into potato shells. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 20-25 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 170 calories, 10g fat (7g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 406mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Oct 8, 2016
I really don't like reviews of recipes that change everything in the recipe but when you live 15 miles in the middle of no-where sometimes (honestly, most of the time) I have to substitute ingredients. I didn't have sour cream but had 4 oz of cream cheese....I have learned that adding a little olive oil to warm cream cheese is a pretty close sub to sour cream. I also had about 4 mushrooms left in a box in the fridge so I threw those in with the onions and zucchini. It was very good as I made it. I am sure it is maybe even better if I followed the recipe exactly...but it was good.!!!!
Oct 2, 2011
What a wonderful flavorful recipe. My girls even loved it, and they are not zucchini fans. Great way to hide the veggies. The addition of the zucchini keeps the potatoes moist.
Jun 3, 2011
I was surprised at how tasty these potatoes were. I didn't use as mush onion and zucchini as the recipe called for-it seemed like it would be too much. I used about 3/4 of a medium zucchini and less than half of an onion. My husband doesn't even like zucchini and he said these were very tasty. They're pretty to serve as well.
Sep 21, 2010
these were great. I added 4oz of cream cheese to the mix and my family loved it!
Aug 2, 2010
Family really likes this --- some OF THE YOUNGER CHILDREN don't know the zucchini is a vegetable ! ! !I later actually tried it with "not so mashed" potatoes in a little pie shell and was equally as good. Tried a variety of cheese. Worked as well.
Nov 20, 2009
These were delicious, I make them often now. Thanks.
Jan 27, 2009
This was very good and easy to make. My wife and I made a large batch of these and eat one a day for lunch and as a side dish at dinner.
Aug 19, 2007
No comment left