Zucchini in Dill Cream Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 7 cups sliced zucchini (1/4-inch slices)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules or 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- In Dutch oven, combine zucchini, onion, water, salt, bouillon and dill; bring to a boil. Add the butter, sugar and lemon juice; mix. Remove from heat; do not drain.
- Combine flour and sour cream; stir half the mixture into hot zucchini. Return to heat; add remaining cream mixture and cook until thickened.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 73 calories, 4g fat, 11mg cholesterol, 419mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate, 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Nov 27, 2019
Sounds good, but in nutrition fact it states 0 sugar, how come if recipe use 2 teaspoons of sugar? For people with DM it is important to have true nutrition info!
Sep 2, 2015
This is so easy to make and the best zucchini recipe we've tried! Everyone asked for seconds!! Love this!
Aug 15, 2009
Jul 15, 2008
No comment left