Zucchini Hamburger Pie
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Pastry for double-crust deep-dish pie
- 4 cups sliced zucchini, divided
- 2 medium tomatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- In a skillet, cook beef, onion, salt and garlic salt over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the green pepper, oregano, parsley, bread crumbs, cheese and egg; mix well. Set aside.
- Place bottom pastry in pie plate; layer 2 cups of zucchini in crust. Cover with beef mixture. Top with tomato slices and remaining zucchini. Place top pastry over zucchini. Cut a few slits in top.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until crust is lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 353 calories, 19g fat (8g saturated fat), 52mg cholesterol, 745mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 11g protein.
Jul 7, 2020
Excellent. Very filling
Aug 9, 2013
I made this last night for my husband and I, my garden is overflowing with zucchini. Green peppers do not agree with me so a substituted celery. I used 1/4 cup parmesan cheese and 1/4 cup of 6 Italian blend cheese and sprinkled a little cheese on top of the 1st layer of zucchini. I wish I would have done an egg white wash and prebaked the crust though, the bottom crust got mushy from the zucchini. I did however put an egg white wash on the top, sprinkle with garlic powder and parmesan cheese before baking. It was soooo good!
Aug 25, 2010
What a lovely tasting dish. I even used the store bought crust. It was easy to make and the taste is yummy. Thanks for sharing
Mar 20, 2009
No comment left