Zucchini Chip Cupcakes
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
Makesabout 2 dozen
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, oil and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, milk and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; gradually add to creamed mixture. Fold in zucchini and chocolate chips.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Top with pecans. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 208 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 149mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Aug 11, 2020
FANTASTIC! I think this is my new favorite zucchini dessert! I made 16 cupcakes and the remaining batter I baked in a small pan. They are light, fluffy and moist. Absolutely perfect! If I changed anything, I would perhaps add more chocolate chips.
Aug 25, 2014
These were great! I added an additional teaspoon of cinnamon. Topped with mini chocolate chips instead of nuts. They were moist & sweet enough with the extra chocolate chips. Best zucchini recipe I have tried yet!
Mar 8, 2014
Since I didn't have cup cake tins, I made this into a cake.
Jul 13, 2013
They turn out moist if you leave a bit of moisture in the zucchini before adding to the batter. Left some without nuts and added a few chocolate chips to the top instead. Both ways were great (especially for the non-nut people in my house).
Nov 5, 2011
An easy recipe to throw together that turns out tasting wonderful. A great way to use zucchini before it goes bad.
Aug 28, 2011
Fantastic! I left out the nuts as my family doesn't care for them and they are great!
Aug 28, 2011
These were very good, but not sweet enough for me. I would consider them more of a muffin then a cupcake.
Aug 19, 2010
Wonderful flavor. Well received by all you shared the goodies!
Aug 17, 2010
Absolutely delicious. Very moist and flavorful! Will definitely make again!
Sep 8, 2009
We all loved these cupcakes! Our daughter's school isnut-free, so rather than using the pecans on top, I sprinkled toffee bits on top before baking. Heavenly!!