Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, 5-7 minutes. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in yogurt and vanilla. In another bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in zucchini.
- Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 35-40 minutes.
- For frosting, in a small saucepan, combine chocolate chips and peanut butter. Cook and stir over low heat until smooth. Spread over warm brownies. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts1 brownie: 307 calories, 17g fat (8g saturated fat), 52mg cholesterol, 283mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Aug 2, 2020
It was easy to make and very good, I have made several and put them in the freezer for the winter. I read a lot of reviews and they were not all good I thought it was delicious so did everyone I gave some too, I did add chocolate chips.
Sep 27, 2019
I used Nutella in the the icing, instead of peanut butter when I made these, since I had a co-worker allergic to peanuts. You would never know the difference!
Sep 5, 2019
I used sour cream instead of yogurt since I had none on hand. Everybody enjoyed it – especially the frosting!
Jul 6, 2019
I'm going to make this Keto Friendly, by switching the flour for Coconut flour
Oct 9, 2018
Oh my........ this is a chocolate-a-holic's dream! These brownies are rich and delicious. A bit dry but the icing more than compensates for the dryness. That icing is amazing!!! I will be making these again, for sure!!
Aug 17, 2017
The cake/brownie is very dry. Icing is delicious. Definitely not a brownie. Recipe needs work. To dry
Sep 24, 2016
????? ??? ??????? ???????.????? ?????? ? ?????. ??????? ?? ??????. ???????? ? ?????. ???? ?????? ???.
Aug 25, 2016
Glad I made only one half recipe. We did not like this at all. I will not make this again.
Aug 8, 2016
Would definitely call this a cake. It turned out fine but the peanut butter frosting is just wrong for this! I love pb and chocolate (even ate it as I was scarping it off!) but it was wrong for this cake.
Jul 20, 2016
Turned out cake-like as others state, (I prefer Brownie texture). Frosting is delicious. It was difficult to spread thin enough to cover 13 x 9. Good if you enjoy cake, zucchini is not detected :), and frosting is yummy but should be doubled!