Zucchini Bacon Quiche
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 3 cups thinly sliced zucchini (about 1-1/4 pounds)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- Separate crescent dough into eight triangles; place in a greased 10-in. pie plate with points toward the center. Press dough onto the bottom and up the sides of plate to form a crust; seal perforations. Spread with mustard.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. Saute zucchini and onion in drippings until tender. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, cheese, seasonings, bacon and zucchini mixture. Pour into crust.
- Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cover edges loosely with a foil if pastry browns too quickly.
Jul 8, 2020
Hubby had seconds and said this was a keeper. Good way to use up too much garden zucchini!
Jan 19, 2018
This satisfied my husband's craving for crustless pizza, since he is not eating breads right now. I was very happy to make him happy! I made it in a glass pie pan the edges formed a crispy "crust." Delicious!
Aug 7, 2012
I found this recipe through TOH several years ago and it has been a hit with with everyone. We have made it many times! Truly Delicious and a great way to use up zucchini! Sometimes we have a little trouble getting the middle done, just wrap with crust with foil if it is starting to get too brown and put it in longer.
Jun 24, 2012
Easy to make, even the kids love it!
Jun 16, 2012
My husband claims this is the best quiche he's ever had--I think I would agree!!
May 23, 2011
Very good! Even my 19 mo old had some & liked it! I have made it w/ onions & without both times turned out great.
Nov 4, 2010
We love this recipe and have made it many times. I add a little more bacon to suit my taste and it's perfect every time. Make sure to use pie crust protectors or aluminum foil to prevent burning the crust edges.
Aug 8, 2010
Great recipe - everyone went back for another piece. Seasoning were great and it was a quick and easy recipe. Loved it and will definitely make it again.
May 12, 2010
I love this quiche...not a big zucchini fan except for this dish. We use regualr piecrust instead of frozen crescent rolls...so yummy! I love this quiche cold--- its sooo good!
Oct 5, 2009
A wonderful change from the norm. The spices used to make this made the house smell delicious. I didn't have crescent rolls so I used a ready made frozen pie crust, also no white onions, so I subbed Green onions...excellent. I also added 1/4 cup of evaporated milk as there didn't seem to be enough liquid. I baked it at 350 on bottom shelf for 40 minutes...worked out beautifully