Zippy Shrimp Skewers
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 5 min.
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 3/4 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a large shallow dish, combine the first 7 ingredients; add shrimp. Turn to coat; cover and refrigerate for 2-4 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. Thread shrimp onto 6 metal or soaked wooden skewers. Grill, uncovered, on a lightly oiled rack over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat until shrimp turn pink, 2-3 minutes on each side.
Nutrition Facts1 skewer: 57 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 199mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 9g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat.
Jun 2, 2020
I love grilled shrimp but have a hard time finding recipes that really add any flavor. This one has a delicious mix of sweet and hot that really showed off the flavor of the shrimp. It's a great meal for a summer evening on the patio. This one will definitely go into our regular summer rotation.
May 28, 2020
These were fantastic! A little sweet plus a little heat equals a delicious light supper or they could make for a fun appetizer. We will definitely making these again!
Mar 21, 2014
Too spicy, other than that, bland. Will not make this again.
Dec 10, 2013
This is the recipe I seem to go to, over and over again. I use this base marinade for many very different dishes. Use rice, or LoMein noodles and add your own vegetables
May 7, 2011
This was easy and tasted good, but not much "kick". The sweet overpowered the spicy.
May 10, 2010
No comment left
Sep 22, 2008
No comment left