Zesty Macaroni Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes8-10 servings (about 2-1/2 quarts)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 5 cups water
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (7 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (7-1/2 ounces) chili macaroni dinner mix
- Salsa con queso dip
- In a large saucepan, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the water, beans, tomatoes, corn and chilies if desired. Stir in the mustard, salt, pepper and contents of macaroni sauce mix. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in contents of macaroni packet. Cover and simmer 10-14 minutes longer or until macaroni is tender, stirring occasionally. Serve with salsa con queso dip.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 215 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 491mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 14g protein.
Oct 20, 2014
We found this pretty tasty. I served mine with the salsa con queso dip which added freshness and good flavor it.
Oct 2, 2012
This was very easy and very filling, but like the other reviewer said, not very interesting. I was expecting more zip or zest. I will make again though because my family really enjoyed it and it was the perfect end to a busy fall day.
Apr 16, 2011
Not our favorite. It was edible but not very interesting.
Dec 22, 2008
No comment left
Jan 4, 2006
No comment left