Zesty Light Tacos
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 50 min.
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1 medium red onion, halved and sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, undrained
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup taco sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Optional toppings: shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, pickled jalapeno slices, shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese and reduced-fat sour cream
- Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute onion and pepper in oil until tender. Stir in the beans, tomatoes, corn, taco sauce, chili powder and cayenne; heat through. Stir in cooked rice.
- Spoon 3/4 cup mixture down the center of each tortilla. Add toppings if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 326 calories, 6g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 565mg sodium, 57g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 7g fiber), 10g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Apr 2, 2010
This has the perfect blend of vegetables, beans, rice, and hot spices. It also met my easy-prep criteria of not too much chopping or dishes to wash.
Oct 13, 2009
No comment left