Zesty Cajun Burgers
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 8 hamburger buns, split
- In a large bowl, combine the first 16 ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into eight patties.
- Grill over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Serve on buns.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 389 calories, 18g fat (7g saturated fat), 104mg cholesterol, 597mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 28g protein.
Sep 3, 2012
No comment left
Jul 28, 2012
Loved this burger! Very flavorful!
Sep 16, 2011
We skipped the peppers because my family doesn't really like peppers, but we made the rest of the recipe "as is" and my whole family loved them, even my 9 year old daughter's friend who was sleeping over that night!
Oct 29, 2010
Didn't care for this recipe. My husband said it was okay, but too many peppers and onions, couldn't really taste the beef. I think it would make a better meatloaf than burger.
Sep 2, 2010
It's easy to cut the recipe in half. Just use half of all ingredients except the egg..or you could use 1/8 cup of egg substitute.
Aug 20, 2010
How would you cut this recipe in half?