- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 cups (12 ounces) chocolate chips
- Place coconut and pecans on a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 6 to 8 minutes or until toasted, stirring every 2 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt Add to creamed mixture; beat well. Stir in the oats, chocolate chips and toasted coconut and pecans.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° about 12 minutes or until browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts2 each: 211 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 134mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Aug 17, 2020
Fantastic cookies. Several people asked for the recipe. It was a bit of trial and error for me to determine the correct baking time in my oven, but once found it was very repeatable. I refrigerated and froze some of the dough to test these options and when cooked they tasted just as if fresh mixed.
Aug 14, 2020
I've made these several years ago, not good dry & tasteless.
Aug 14, 2020
These are soooooo good!
Aug 8, 2020
These cookies are outstanding. We changed from raisins to Craisins. We also changed from crunchy peanut butter to Sunbutter (sunflower butter) and used a cup of the Sunbutter with crushed granola 1/2 cup for the crunch to equal the 1 and 1/2 cup of peanut butter.. We top them off with mini marshmallows-we make a thumbprint indent in each cookie and bake for 10 minutes and then add 4 mini marshmallows and complete baking for another 5 minutes-they are very tasty-a quick dessert and tasty snack. They do not last long.
Jul 31, 2020
these are becoming a family and friends favorite. I cut the granulated sugar down to 1/4 cup
Jun 11, 2020
I have been baking for 50 years and these are the worst cookies I have ever made. The dough is way to dry and the cookies just fall apart and are dry and I followed the recipe to the letter. I will go back to using my own recipe thank you.
Jun 10, 2020
I got rave reviews on these cookies. Delicious!
May 23, 2020
Based on other reviews stating these were too sweet, I reduced the brown sugar to 1 cup and the chocolate chips to one cup. Also substituted half the pecans for almonds and reduced cooking time to 10 minutes, even though I made them large. Turned out perfectly - great flavor and texture.
May 22, 2020
I am allergic to coconut. Any suggestions for a substitute? Thx
May 22, 2020
Haven't made it yet but I do know it will be good. Excepting the coconut and order of mixing the ingredients it a favorite of all my friends, church members and family. Thank you for your work in making a great recipe. It is never easy.