Winning Cream Cheese Pound Cake
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours + cooling
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2-1/3 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Gradually add flour, beating just until blended.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan. Bake at 300° for 1-1/2 hours or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 427 calories, 24g fat (14g saturated fat), 141mg cholesterol, 240mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Mar 25, 2020
We made this today and based on the reviews I was looking forward to a delicious pound cake but was disappointed. It lacked any real flavor, was dry and floury. I sprinkled powdered sugar on top hoping that would help but sadly it did not.
Aug 27, 2019
No comment left
Jul 9, 2019
This is a rich cake, perfect to serve with fresh fruit and whipped cream. It will freeze nicely, and you could bake it as a loaf. Because is is a more dense cake, it is perfect for those fancy bundt pans too, as it will hold the shape. Sometimes I add a bit of lemon oil or zest- but really this is great just as it is
Jul 3, 2017
This pound cake turned out perfect and taste wonderful!! It is sooo moist!! LOVE IT!
Aug 31, 2015
Easy recipe to make. I added some lemon zest. Good cake to serve with strawberries and ice cream. I will probably make again.
Sep 2, 2013
Great recipe! This is one of my favorite go-to cake recipes. It always turns out so well, and everyone loves it. I can be "dressed up" with berries and whipped cream or frosting or ice cream, or it's delicious just as is.
May 27, 2013
This was I N C R E D I B L E. My first time making pound cake and I sure picked a winning recipe! Moist and delicious. This one is a keeper.
May 7, 2012
Amazing texture and flavor.
Apr 29, 2011
Super easy and turned out Delicious! This is great if you like a heavy pound cake. My Husband loved it!
Apr 1, 2011
I absolutely love this recipe. I make it often and I have shared the recipe with several people. It always comes out of the oven smelling and Iooking delicious. I also love to toast a slice and eat it that way.