Wilted Spinach Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2-1/2 cups torn fresh spinach
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 radish, chopped
- Dash salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 bacon strips, diced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 hard-boiled large egg, chopped
- In a salad bowl, combine the spinach, onion, radish, salt and pepper; set aside.
- In a small skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. Combine the sugar, vinegar and lemon juice; stir into drippings. Cook and stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; add to skillet. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Pour over spinach mixture and toss to coat. Top with bacon and egg.
Apr 25, 2019
Made this salad, but use dressing from pecan and spinach salad, because I didn't want a cooked dressing. So Good. My guys really love mushrooms and radishes so they loved it, and it looks so pretty.
Jun 3, 2018
Made this with spinach from my garden for supper. The dressing was very good and combined well with the salad ingredients!
Jan 26, 2010
I very much like that this recipe is for two, but I find myself doubling and tripling it quite often.
May 27, 2009
Wonderful tasting salad.I tripled the salad for 3 persons.All of us liked the sald and I will make it again soon.It is very healthy.