Wild Rice Shrimp Saute
The seafood is so good here in Florida, and shrimp is at the top of our list of favorites. Shrimp and wild rice make a delicious combination, and this dish is special enough to serve to company.
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 2-1/3 cups water
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- In a large saucepan, combine the water, 1 tablespoon butter, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and pepper. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Add rice with seasoning packet; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, in another large skillet, cook the shrimp, green pepper and onions over medium heat in remaining butter. Cook and stir for 7-9 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Add rice; heat through.