Wild Rice Salad
Since I spend part of my summers in northern Minnesota near the wild rice fields. I have tried many recipes featuring this delicious, nutty-flavored grain in the past 46 years. This salad is often requested by family and friends! —Florence Jacoby, Granite Falls, Minnesota
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice
- Seasoned salt, optional
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1-1/2 cups halved green grapes
- 1 cup sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 cup cashews, optional
- Lettuce leaves
- Cook rice according to package directions, omitting salt or substituting seasoned salt if desired. Drain well; cool to room temperature. Spoon into a large bowl; add chicken, grapes, water chestnuts and mayonnaise. Toss gently with a fork. Cover and chill.
- Just before serving, add cashews if desired. Serve on lettuce leaves or line a bowl with lettuce leaves and fill with salad.
Dec 26, 2011
No comment left
May 21, 2010
I made this for a Women's Ministries meal and it was great. I used black grapes and it tasted very good. Very easy to make ahead and mix at the last minute.