Wild Rice Mushroom Bake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + soaking Bake: 1 hour 25 min.
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Place wild rice in a large bowl and cover with boiling water; soak for 1 hour. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in butter until tender. In a large bowl, combine the mushroom mixture, wild rice, long grain rice, almonds, broth, cream, salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 75 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 10 minutes longer or until rice is tender.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 318 calories, 19g fat (10g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 583mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Jul 5, 2019
....only if it's called a "hot dish" ??
Nov 11, 2018
Just pulled it out of the oven and there was way too much liquid. I followed the directions faithfully. I used my convection oven so I dropped the temp to 325degrees. I put the dish back into the oven at 350 degrees convection bake. Here's hoping I get the liquid adsorbed into the rices. Any Ideas why this happened or how to correct the situation. Thank you.
Nov 26, 2014
I love this dish. Easy to make and goes well with chicken and pork.
Jun 25, 2014
Our five grand kids loved this dish as much as we did. Can't wait to make it again. Think I'll chop up a little celery next time and give that a try.
Apr 26, 2013
No comment left
Aug 30, 2011
I was totally surprised by my husband's reaction to this dish. I was expecting him to hate it, but he liked it well enough he went back for more! It makes a large portion which is nice too. I will definitely be making this one again.
Nov 26, 2010
I have made this 2 yrs in a row for Thanksgiving my family loves it is now a tradition, looks like I will be bringing tis every year.
Apr 7, 2007
No comment left