White Turkey Chili
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 35 min.
Makes6 servings (1-1/2 quarts)
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1-1/3 cups fat-free milk
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chiles, drained
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- In a large saucepan, combine the first 10 ingredients; bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Top servings with sour cream.
Nutrition Facts1 cup with 1 tablespoon sour cream: 250 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 510mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 6g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch.
Jul 8, 2020
This was an excellent dish, that came together quickly. A must for the winter months and a great dish to use your leftover Thanksgiving turkey with. (or even leftover chicken). The flavors came together nicely. My family has already asked when I was going to make it again...
Jun 11, 2020
This was good - I was missing the green chilies though. I think that would have been a good addition.
Apr 15, 2020
A yummy way to use leftover turkey
Oct 18, 2019
Pretty good. Used chicken. Would try a different white bean (navy?) next time.
Aug 28, 2019
Easy and delish! My 2 year old grandson had 2 helpings. Ground turkey instead of chunks. Added asparagus, tomato, heirloom peppers, bay leaf , thyme, queso fresco and sour cream! Great on a baked potato. A whole meal in a pot!
Apr 16, 2019
No comment left
Feb 13, 2019
This recipe is the best. I’ve made it many times and it’s always a success and very popular. It’s so easy and it has such a delicious flavor . Everyone loves it especially my husband.
Jan 21, 2019
The whole family really liked this! I used chicken as that is what I had and also fresh parsley instead of cilantro as my husband is not a fan. It was quick and easy and the leftovers were even better! YUM I will be making again!
Nov 27, 2017
I followed the recipe for this and it turned out great! I fixed it for a small group at my home and everyone loved it! It is a great way to use leftover turkey and it is easy!
Nov 29, 2015
Definitely a keeper! Very satisfying and filling. Had to review the recipe againto reassure myself that it's healthy.