White Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makesabout 5 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- 6 ounces white baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
- Additional sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Add extracts. Combine the oats, flour, salt and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture until blended. Stir in the coconut and chocolate.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 3 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with a glass dipped in sugar. Bake at 350° for 8-9 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 140 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 195mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Feb 15, 2015
delicous!! Yes, they come out flat, but the taste is great! Ate two of them standing over the oven. I didn't have coconut extract, so I subbed some almond extract, and it tasted fine.
Oct 3, 2013
These tasted great but are really flat. I almost didn't take them to the event I made them for but decided to anyway. They were a hit.
Oct 20, 2012
A-M-A-Z-I-N-G recipe!!! My friends literaly fought for the crumbs. Will definitely do it again and this time, double it ! :) I do understand your sons and grandsons now !
Jan 14, 2009
Very, very good. Moist, yet crunchy on the outside like I like it. My 3 young kids and my husband loved them. We ate almost a half batch in one night.
Jun 10, 2008
My family doesn't like coconut, so I left out the coconut and coconut extract. They are delicious!
Dec 12, 2007
No comment left