Total TimePrep: 20 min. + cooling Bake: 40 min.
Makesabout 4 dozen
- 6 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) vanilla or white chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a double boiler or microwave, melt chocolate and butter; cool for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar until thick and lemon-colored, about 4 minutes. Gradually beat in melted chocolate and vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to chocolate mixture. Stir in chips and pecans.
- Pour into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 172 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 86mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Nov 20, 2012
These brownies were delightful. I will put macademia nuts in with them next time. Perfect for those who are allergic to chocolate!!
Jul 11, 2009
I LOVED these brownies. They were very moist, but not too heavy or dense. Very sweet, very rich! My co-workers liked them very much! I'll surely make them again.
Jun 17, 2009
No comment left