Whipped Cream Krumkake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 1 min./cookie
Makesabout 3 dozen
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Butter for krumkake plates
- Sweetened whipped cream, optional
- Beat eggs in a bowl until very light. Add sugar gradually, beating to blend. Slowly add melted butter, then whipped cream and nutmeg. Mix in flour. (Dough will be consistency of cookie dough.) Chill dough thoroughly.
- Preheat krumkake iron over medium heat for about 10 minutes or until a drop of water "dances" when dropped onto plates. Brush plates with butter; place 1 tablespoon dough in center of lower plate. Close iron and press handles together. If excess dough comes out sides, remove with a table knife.
- Bake for about 30 seconds; flip iron and bake for about 30 seconds on the other side. Remove krumkake and immediately roll over a cone-shaped form. Place seam side down on parchment to cool; remove form.
- If desired, fill some or all of the cooled cones with sweetened whipped cream. Serve immediately.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 krumkake: 81 calories, 4g fat (3g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 7mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Feb 26, 2019
What is sweet butter?
Dec 26, 2017
No comment left
Dec 10, 2014
Excellent! I also add cardamom instead of nutmeg.
Dec 17, 2011
This sounds a lot like my recipe except I add cardamom inside of nutmeg. My grown children demand this for Christimas.Good recipe!
Feb 3, 2011
No comment left