Whipped Carrot Salad
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 package (6 ounces) orange gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup finely grated carrots
- 1 carton (8 ounces) reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Place cream cheese in a food processor or blender; cover and process until smooth. While processing, gradually add dissolved gelatin; process until smooth. Pour into a large bowl. Stir in pineapple and carrots; fold in whipped topping. Pour into a serving bowl. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 158 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 92mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Apr 14, 2013
This is excellent!!! I also made it with sugar free gelatin. It is a real treat. I will be making this often this coming season. Highly recommend trying this to anyone!
Jan 1, 2011
Our family loves this salad. I make this recipe frequently with two minor changes. I use sugar free gelatin and almost double the carrots. Most of the time by doubling the carrots, I only need to make 1/2 of the rest of the recipe. It is more healthful and filling. You know it is a salad, BUT you feel like you are eating a dessert!
May 27, 2009
A friend made this salad recently when she had us over for dinner. It is excellent!