Western-Style Beef and Beans
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 2/3 cup boiling water
- 2 cans (28 ounces each) baked beans with molasses
- 1-1/2 cups ketchup
- 1/4 cup prepared mustard
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- In a Dutch oven over medium heat, cook the beef, onions and celery until meat is no longer pink; drain. Dissolve bouillon in water; stir into beef mixture. Add the beans, ketchup, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper; mix well.
- Transfer to an ungreased 3-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 375° for 60-70 minutes or until bubbly; stir. Sprinkle with bacon.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 405 calories, 19g fat (7g saturated fat), 93mg cholesterol, 1777mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 5g fiber), 34g protein.
Oct 25, 2018
My family loves this!!!
Jun 26, 2017
Mar 4, 2016
!for more. I always bring copies of the recipe, because I get requests. Since I have been making this for fourteen years. Ever since I found the recipe in the magazine I have been making it. In fact people ae calling them them Tara's magazine beans! There are hardly ever leftovers,but when I make them for the family, they are even better the next day.
Dec 11, 2014
These baked beans were delicious. Perfect side dish for a hamburger and hotdog cookout!
Sep 13, 2013
A tradition at potlucks
Jul 28, 2012
No comment left
Feb 15, 2012
Great for Potluck or even Happy hour when you have food
May 29, 2011
I make this recipe often - sometimes as a main dish, but by reducing the amount of beef and liquid, I can turn it into a side dish for picnics as well.
Mar 31, 2011
No comment left
Sep 30, 2010
We love this and it's also a great way to recycle left over meat loaf. I make half the recipe for the 4 children when we are having chili.