With this recipe, you can put in a full day’s work, run some errands and still get dinner on the table in hardly any time. Make it extra-special by serving the meat sauce over spaetzle. —Cyndy Gerken, Naples, Florida
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 8-1/2 hours
- 1 pound beef stew meat
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons water
- Hot cooked egg noodles or spaetzle
- In a large skillet, brown beef in oil; drain. Transfer to a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker. Combine the broth, onion, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, paprika and mustard. Pour over beef. Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and water until smooth. Gradually stir into beef mixture. Cover and cook on high until thickened, about 30 minutes longer. Serve with noodles.