Walnut Mincemeat Pie
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups prepared mincemeat
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry; trim and flute edges. In a large bowl, lightly beat eggs. Combine the sugar, flour and salt; gradually add to eggs. Stir in mincemeat, walnuts and butter; pour into crust.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 325° bake until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, 35-40 minutes. Cool completely. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 440 calories, 18g fat (7g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 231mg sodium, 65g carbohydrate (45g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Jan 5, 2020
Great results for a fantastic recipe. To reduce some of the calories try a substitute sugar. Turns out just the same. That means... SECONDS!
Jan 3, 2012
Same as review before mine, husband had never tried mincemeat before - but he loved this! It was so rich and Christmassy, mmmm.
Dec 11, 2010
This Pie was delicious, I love mincemeat but husband had never eaten it. He loved it, I think the nuts really add to the pie. Next time I think I will double the nuts because we love nuts. Will definetly make this again.
Dec 22, 2009
No comment left