Waldorf Turkey Sandwiches
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fat-free plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/4 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1 small apple, chopped
- 8 slices cinnamon-raisin bread, toasted
- 4 lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Add turkey and apple; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Spoon 3/4 cup turkey mixture onto four slices of bread; top with a lettuce leaf and remaining bread.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 127 calories, 5g fat (0 saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 114mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 12g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 lean meat, 1/2 fruit.
Nov 29, 2011
Easy to prepare, I added Miracle Whip for a more tart taste.
May 22, 2010
Love this fast, simple recipe! The kids enjoy chopping, measuring, dumping, sampling. We always double this, but with 6 kids there's never enough to go around! It's a great way to use up left over Thanksgiving Turkey or Chicken, (without hearing complaints about 'leftovers'!
Mar 18, 2009
No comment left