Vinaigrette Veggie Salad
“All of my children love my Vinaigrette Veggie Salad,” says Connie Small of Schoolcraft, Michigan. “It’s easy to make and attractive, too. Sometimes I cut up the vegetables ahead of time so dinner preparation goes faster.”
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- In a serving bowl, combine the cucumber, green pepper and tomatoes. Sprinkle with salt and celery seed. In a small bowl, whisk oil and vinegar. Pour over salad.; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 60 calories, 5g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 101mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Apr 29, 2009
I make this often, tasty and light, I often use salad vinegar instead. Great to bring to a gathering as it can be made earlier in the day and still looks good and stays crisp several hours later.
Apr 5, 2009
No comment left