Venison Tortilla Lasagna
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 35 min. + standing
- 1 pound ground venison
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, undrained
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups 4% Daisy small-curd cottage cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 10 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook venison over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the tomatoes, salsa and taco seasoning; cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through. In a small bowl, combine the eggs, cottage cheese, oregano and cumin.
- Cut tortillas in half; place half of them in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish (tortillas will overlap). Top with half of the meat sauce. Spoon cottage cheese mixture over the top. Layer with remaining tortillas and meat sauce.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Uncover; sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
Dec 3, 2014
I am always looking for good deer recipes and this one is definitely worth the time and effort. My family of 4 ate on this for 3 days. I love being able to have left overs especially when you have kids. Thank you for your awesome recipe and God Bless :)
Feb 28, 2011
Yummy! Love to make the whole recipe and then freeze half for busy nights.
Jul 17, 2009
I tried this recipe- - all I can say Yummy! My husband and I really enjoyed this dish. It is easy to prepare--- I will be cooking this again in the future.