Veggie Chopped Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makes12 servings (3/4 cup each)
- 3 cups finely chopped fresh broccoli
- 3 cups finely chopped cauliflower
- 3 cups finely chopped celery
- 2 cups frozen peas (about 8 ounces), thawed
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1-1/3 cups mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup salted peanuts
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, sugar, cheese, vinegar and salt until blended. Add to salad and toss to coat. Just before serving, stir in peanuts. Refrigerate leftovers.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 308 calories, 26g fat (4g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 357mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
Apr 6, 2020
This was a great salad, and easy to make. We enjoyed it but felt it was missing something. As posted, this recipe needs just a bit of tweaking.....I will try again and tweak it.
Jul 17, 2019
No comment left
Jul 2, 2019
Love chopped salads but this was a little bland. I upped the vinegar and sugar and that helped. We liked the crunch and the peanuts, but will play a little more with the seasoning to bring the flavor up.
Jun 13, 2019
Love this salad and always make it for crowds. Crunchy and delicious!!
Apr 2, 2019
No comment left
Jan 21, 2019
So crunchy and delicious!
Aug 21, 2017
Found this recipe 5 months ago and have made it at least 6 times. Followed recipe as is. I get multiple requests for the recipe every time.
Aug 2, 2017
I made this yesterday for our ladies get-together/supper and it was BLAH! I followed the recipe to a T. Really thought it was going to be great with all the great ratings but for me, it was not. Won't make this one again.
Apr 21, 2017
Thanks to Madeline for a most delectable salad. I served this at an Easter buffet luncheon and received nothing but raves. It was a simple salad to assemble and the combination of vegetables, bacon, and dressing was a winner. I upped my bacon strips to eight and added 1/3 cup of coarsely grated sharp cheddar cheese (for color mostly). Otherwise, I made no changes.
Mar 15, 2017
Really good. BTW, the mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar is the dressing I have always used on my cole slaw using equal parts sugar and vinegar.