Veggie Bean Casserole
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons picante sauce
- In a large Dutch oven, saute the carrots, celery, onion, green pepper in oil for 5 minutes. Add the garlic. chili powder and cumin; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until thickened and vegetables are tender.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 226 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 582mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 10g fiber), 9g protein.
Aug 17, 2020
I used half the quantity as it makes a very large pot. Instead of the tomato sauce and picante sauce which I didn't have on hand, I used a jar of hot salsa sauce...excellent.
Jan 29, 2020
Recipe is named Veggie Bean Casserole - where are the beans? Don't see a single bean mentioned in ingredients.
Jul 23, 2012
No comment left
Nov 19, 2011
This was really good and so easy to make. My husband and I loved this.