Vegetarian Spinach Curry
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained, divided
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked couscous, optional
- In a nonstick skillet, cook the onion, garlic and curry powder in oil for 3-4 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in the tomato sauce, spinach and 1 cup garbanzo beans. In a blender, combine the broth and remaining garbanzo beans; cover and blend until smooth, about 2 minutes. Stir into skillet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook and stir mixture is heated through. Serve over couscous if desired.
Feb 28, 2015
Thank you very much for sharing this. Excellent! I agree with Vicky's suggestion to add a little lemon at the end. Very healthy and tasty meal that I will cook more often for the family.
May 5, 2012
This was so easy and soooo good even my husband liked it and requested I make it again.
May 26, 2011
Amazing! I added a bit of lemon juice at the end, made all the difference.
Feb 6, 2010
nice base recipe---i used zucchini and green peppers in stead if spinach and it was still great!