Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 30 min. + standing
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked arborio rice
- 1 cup white wine
- 4 cups chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 cups chopped yellow summer squash
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen cooked winter squash, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- In a Dutch oven, saute onion and garlic in butter for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Add the rice; cook and stir for 1 minute or until rice is glossy and coated with butter. Stir in wine; cook for 2 minutes or until wine is absorbed.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until rice is tender. Let stand, uncovered, for 10 minutes before serving.
Nov 6, 2014
Ok, sorry I can't really say I made this recipe but I followed this recipe except I added 3 bags of Birds Eye steam fresh baby broccoli blend in place of the other vegetables. It turned out great but if you like your vegetables more crisp tender I might cook a little less time or add vegetables a little later. I loved the arborio rice and the wine for additional flavor.
Jun 18, 2011
This risotto is absolutely amazing! We didn't have the winter squash, and I used water instead of wine. My husband, who's not fond of veggies, gobbled it up. We were disappointed we didn't make more!