Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 medium fresh mushrooms
- 2 small zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 small onions, cut into six wedges
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- In a small bowl, mash garlic with salt to form a paste. Stir in the oil, lemon juice, Italian seasoning and pepper.
- Thread vegetables alternately onto metal or soaked wooden skewers; place in a shallow pan. Pour garlic mixture over kabobs; let stand for 15 minutes.
- Grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat for 10-15 minutes or just until vegetables are tender, turning frequently. Carefully unwrap foil
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 202 calories, 18g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 598mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Sep 11, 2013
Made over labor day holiday - next time I would double the garlic/lemon juice mixture so that there is more liquid to marinate.
Aug 7, 2013
I REALLY liked this. I didn't make kabobs though. I threw everything into a Ziploc bag to marinate and then broiled in a pan for about 18 minutes, stirring often. I loved the marinade. Just the right amount of lemon.
Jun 30, 2013
This was a tasty and unique vegetable recipe. The only change I made (due to weather) was to broil them in the oven instead of grilling. I put them on a baking sheet lined with foil, and turned every few minutes.
May 2, 2009
This is an excellent recipe. Instead of using kabobs, I placed the vegetables in a grilling basket.