Vegetable Kabobs with Rice
My husband and I like gardening, and these kabobs are a fun way to enjoy our fresh vegetables. They're so easy to make and they can grill right along the main course. -Nancy Johnson, Connersville, Indiana
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 medium yellow squash, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 small boiling onions, peeled
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 8 medium fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- In a small bowl, combine dressing, parsley and basil. Alternate the vegetables on eight skewers. Place on a gill rack over medium-hot heat. Baste with dressing mixture and turn frequently for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. To serve, place 1/2 cup rice on each place and top with two kabobs.