Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 medium red potatoes, cooked and cubed
- 1 small zucchini, cubed
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch pepper
- Preheat broiler. In a 10-in. cast-iron or ovenproof skillet, saute onion, peppers and garlic in 2 tablespoons of oil until the vegetables are tender. Remove vegetables with a slotted spoon; set aside.
- In the same skillet over medium heat, lightly brown potatoes in remaining oil. Add vegetable mixture and zucchini; cook for 4 minutes.
- In a bowl, beat eggs, salt and pepper; pour over vegetables. Cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or until eggs are nearly set. Broil 6 in. from the heat for 2 minutes or until eggs are set on top. Cut into wedges.
Nutrition Facts1 wedge: 177 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 213mg cholesterol, 264mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Aug 20, 2020
This was very good and easy. I did cheat a bit and used 1 ½ cups hash browns instead of the potatoes because I was a bit short for time. However, I think “real” potatoes would make it even better! I sprinkled a bit of cheddar cheese on top before I put it under the broiler. This recipe that will become a regular one in my kitchen.
Jun 19, 2019
I really enjoyed this.
Jun 3, 2018
Responding to Marene you broil it not bake it
Jan 19, 2018
What oven temp do you bake this? I looked at this recipe at least four times and I don't see an oven temp.
Sep 1, 2014
Will make again but I would add cheese or tomatoes or spices. Kind of bland.
May 11, 2014
Dec 23, 2012
No comment left
Jan 14, 2011
No comment left
May 11, 2010
cannot make print copy