Vegetable Carrot Soup
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 40 min.
- 3 cups thinly sliced carrots
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2/3 cup chopped celery
- 1-1/2 cups diced peeled potatoes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Dash ground nutmeg
- Pepper to taste
- In a Dutch oven or soup kettle over medium-low heat, saute carrots, onion, celery, potatoes, garlic and sugar in oil for 5 minutes. Add broth, nutmeg and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-40 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Remove from the heat and cool to room temperature. Puree in batches in a blender or food processor. Return to the kettle and heat through.
May 29, 2020
My husband, who loves carrots was willing to try this. It was a hit and in his words a "keeper". Easy to put together and left overs were great too.
Jan 13, 2020
Fabulous soup . I omitted the sugar and potatoes. I roasted the remaining vegetables. I also used dried celery flakes . The carrots were very sweet and the flavor was very intense. VFE .
Oct 28, 2012
No comment left
Aug 15, 2012
Love it!, the texture is great and the flavor is wonderful. I will definitely make this again