Vegan Quinoa Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 cups quinoa, rinsed and well drained
- 3 cups water
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 6 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 mini cucumbers, sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- In a large saucepan, cook and stir quinoa over medium-high heat 3-5 minutes or until toasted. Add water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 12-15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Transfer to a large bowl. Cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, whisk oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, parsley, mint and salt. Add vegetables to quinoa; drizzle with dressing and toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 227 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 449mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1-1/2 starch.
Jul 19, 2020
This salad is delicious. I had all the ingredients on hand (even if my quinoa was old) It was refreshing for summer, offered a different carb for the meal, and held up well for leftovers the next day.
May 30, 2020
This salad was out of our comfort zone but my husband absolutely loved it. I used balsamic dressing instead of what the recipe called for. I would make this again.