Vegan Green Bean Casserole
Now everyone can enjoy this classic Thanksgiving side. Just a few small tweaks make this a vegan green bean casserole, but no one wiletast the difference! —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 8 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups dairy-free sour cream
- Browning sauce, optional
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 packages (12 ounces each ) frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 4 cups shredded dairy-free cheddar-flavored cheese
- 1/4 cup dairy-free buttery spread
- 1 cup crushed Ritz crackers
- 1 cup french-fried onions, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in oil over medium heat until tender. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute. Stir in the sour cream, browning sauce (if desired), salt and pepper until blended. Add green beans and cheese; stir to coat. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- In a small bowl, melt buttery spread. Stir in crushed crackers and fried onions; sprinkle over casserole. Bake until casserole is bubbly and top is golden brown, 25-30 minutes.