Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
- 6 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, toss the oats, walnuts, coconut and sesame seeds. In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook and stir the oil, brown sugar, honey, water and vanilla until sugar is dissolved (do not boil). Pour over oat mixture and stir to coat evenly. Pour into two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pans.
- Bake at 275° for 50-60 minutes or until golden brown, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool, stirring occasionally. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 539 calories, 30g fat (4g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 21mg sodium, 61g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 5g fiber), 12g protein.
Jan 16, 2013
I have made this recipe several times now and it is wonderful everytime!
Oct 13, 2011
LOVE this granola recipe! My kids wouldn't wait until breakfast to try it. They ate a bowl for a snack right after school! I added craisins and dried cherries in it as well. Tasty!!
May 18, 2010
No comment left