Vanilla Cream Fruit Tart
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min. + chilling
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) white baking chips, melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 300°. Cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in flour (mixture will be crumbly). Pat onto a greased 12-in. pizza pan. Bake until lightly browned, 25-28 minutes. Cool.
- Beat melted chips and cream until smooth. Beat in cream cheese until smooth. Spread over crust. Refrigerate 30 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine pineapple juice, granulated sugar, cornstarch and lemon juice. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes. Cool.
- Arrange berries over cream cheese layer; brush with pineapple mixture. Refrigerate 1 hour before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 433 calories, 28g fat (17g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 174mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Jun 13, 2019
No comment left
Jun 12, 2019
I have made this pretty dessert for many years when I want something special to serve. It is very versatile as you can vary the fruits , using your favorite choices and patterns . This is always a big hit at functions.
Dec 19, 2018
Very pretty and easy for kids to help with! The nice thing about this recipe is that it is great as written, but can also be very versatile. Try substituting semi-sweet baking chocolate for the white chocolate, or add cocoa powder to the crust mixture, or drizzle the tart with melted dark chocolate. You can also use other seasonal fruits or berries.
Jun 28, 2018
This is delicious and everyone I have ever served it to has loved it, especially in the summer with fresh peaches on top. I have been making this for many years and stopped using pineapple juice and use water instead for the glaze. At Christmas I use strawberries and kiwi on top.
Mar 22, 2018
This was quite delicious! I cut the recipe in half and made it in a smaller tart pan. I baked the crust for only about 21 minutes or so. I personally don't like white chocolate at all, but still really enjoyed this. I'd really like to see how it would taste with chocolate chips instead of the white ones though. I'll try that next time! I skipped the strawberries and did blackberries, raspberries, and blueberries. We felt the leftovers tasted even better the next day. I'd make this one again!
Jul 2, 2017
Love the crust and glazed berries. I didn't care for the white chocolate in the cream cheese layer. Have made for picnics and makes nice presentation.
Jun 28, 2017
This was amazing! I didn't glaze the berries - the tartness went well with the sweetness of the cream.
Sep 22, 2016
I have been making this fruit tart ever since it was first published in the 90s. It is one of my family's all-time favorites. I have used everything from strawberries & raspberries in the spring, peaches, plums & other stone fruits in the summer, apples & pears and fall and whatever looked good in the store in the winter. It's always been fantastic. It even worked well when I used dairy-free products when I needed to have a dessert for a lactose-intolerant guest.
Jun 23, 2016
I have a similar recipe that combines cream cheese with confectioners sugar so I thought I would try a different version. It was yummy and a nice contrast against the blueberry compote I made for the top (compote is combination of blueberries, water,sugar and constarch) I also outlined the blueberries with fresh strawberries !!!
Jun 14, 2016
I added 2 peeled & halved Kiwis for color, it was beautiful & delicious. I had to write down the recipe for 4 of my guests!