Valentine Butter Cookies
These cookies are my grandchildren's favorite. I've even shaped the dough in the form of their initials for special occasions. They make a great dessert anytime.
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Red colored sugar, optional
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Shape with a cookie press. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Decorate with sugar if desired. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are light brown.