Upside-Down Strawberry Shortcake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup 2% milk
- Fresh strawberries and whipped cream
- Sprinkle marshmallows evenly into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; set aside. In a small bowl, combine strawberries and gelatin powder; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition.
- Pour batter over the marshmallows. Spoon strawberry mixture evenly over batter. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into squares. Garnish with strawberries and whipped cream.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 272 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 183mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
May 10, 2020
Jun 17, 2014
Love this recipe! I have been making it for years......
Apr 20, 2014
I loved this recipe. I made this for Easter and everyone loved it. This is one of my favorites.I followed the exact directions on the recipe.
Apr 22, 2012
followed this recipe exactly to the letter and it did not come out good at all. i dont know what i did wrong here. really upset
Feb 15, 2012
Simple and turns out great
Feb 9, 2012
Great Birthday Cake
Nov 28, 2011
No comment left
Sep 3, 2011
Great, easy and tasty but REALLY sweet.
Jul 21, 2011
No comment left
Jul 12, 2010
Delicious! This turned out better than I expected and was the perfect summer dessert. It would be good with whipped topping or ice cream, but it is wonderful on its own! I will make this again and again. It is easy and great enough for company! I am going to try it with blueberries next time.