It's a snap to shape tortillas into umbrellas when you bake them over custard cups. Inside, spinach leaves are combined with ham, cheese and fresh veggies, then drizzled with dressing.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 6 cups torn fresh spinach
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup cubed cheddar cheese
- 3 slices red onion, separated into rings
- 6 sweet red pepper slices(1/4 inch thick)
- 6 pitted ripe olives
- Salad dressing of your choice
- Place six 10-oz. custard cups upside down in a shallow baking pan; set aside. Brush both sides of tortillas with butter; place in a single layer on ungreased baking sheets. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 1 minute. Place a tortilla over each custard cup, pinching sides to form a bowl shape. Bake for 7-8 minutes or until crisp. Remove tortillas from cups; cool. Combine spinach, ham, mushrooms, cheese and onion; place about 1 cup in each tortilla bowl.
- For umbrella handle, cut off a curved end from each red pepper slice; insert straight end into olive. Place in center of salad; arrange salad ingredients to hold handle upright. Serve with dressing.
Editor's Note: 4-in.-diameter foil balls can be used instead of custard cups.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 346 calories, 18g fat (8g saturated fat), 52mg cholesterol, 934mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 18g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.