Twice-Baked Potatoes Supreme
On Christmas Day, we invite all our nearby relatives to dinner. One way I make the meal memorable is with this side dish that combines mashed and baked potatoes. —Ruth Andrewson, Leavenworth, Washington
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour 20 min.
Makes12 servings (1 stuffed potato half each)
- 8 large baking potatoes
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup whole milk
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Paprika, optional
- Pierce potatoes with a fork. Bake at 400° for 60-70 minutes or until tender. Cut potatoes in half lengthwise; scoop out pulp, leaving a thin shell. Set 12 shell halves aside (discard remaining shells or save for another use).
- In a large bowl, mash pulp; add the butter, salt, garlic powder, oregano, cayenne, celery salt and enough milk to reach desired consistency. Pipe or spoon into shells; place in two greased 13x9-in. baking pans. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and, if desired, paprika. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 stuffed potato half: 199 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 131mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 5g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.