Tuscan Pork Roast
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + standing Bake: 1 hour + standing
- 5 to 8 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- In a food processor, combine the garlic, rosemary, oil and salt; cover and process until mixture becomes a paste. Rub over the roast; cover and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Place roast fat side up on a greased baking rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let meat stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts3-1/2 ounce-weight: 184 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 157mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 26g protein.
Oct 14, 2016
I have been making this recipe for 20 years since I first saw it in the magazine. Absolutely love this.
Aug 2, 2016
Simple and garlicky. I made it in a crock-pot and it worked well.
Mar 18, 2016
This is so delicious! Make it now! Minced garlic in a jar works fine.- Theresa
Jan 24, 2016
Can I use minced garlic in a jar or will not turn out same
Nov 18, 2015
Not NEARLY cooked at that temp. Had to cook a lot longer.
Oct 10, 2015
This was so flavorful for only having a few ingredients. I put mine in the crackpot and it was delicious!
Jan 5, 2015
as roasts go, this is good. I gave it a 5 star because it IS good, but its not my favorite way to prepare a pork roast. But as the way I usually prepare one has a totally different flavor, it would not be fair to compare the 2. Its a matter of mood really. When Im in the mood for something "summery" this works perfectly, with no changes. Definably worth making again in future.
Nov 22, 2014
Flavorful and moist.
Dec 9, 2013
Delicious I was also surprised that such a simple recipe could have so much return on flavour. I will definitely be making this over and over again. Company worthy.
Oct 8, 2013
I have been making this delicious roast for more than 30 years. When I first saw the recipe, I thought it might taste like the wonderful pork sandwiches we used to buy when we lived in Rome, Italy - and it does.