Turtle Nut Cake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 package German chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (11 ounces) caramels
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup (6 ounces) chocolate chips
- Pecan halves for garnish, optional
- Prepare cake according to package directions. Set aside half of batter; pour remaining batter into a greased and floured 13x9-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 18 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt the caramels, milk and butter. Remove from heat; stir in nuts. Pour over cake. Sprinkle with chocolate chips, then pour reserved batter over top.
- Bake 20 minutes longer or until cake springs back when touched lightly. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into squares and top each with a pecan half if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 339 calories, 20g fat (6g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 288mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 21, 2012
No comment left
Jul 22, 2012
DELICIOUS!! I used chocolate fudge cake mix and milk chocolate chips. Everyone loved it! And it was super easy to make!! Hardest part was unwrapping all of those caramels! lol
Oct 8, 2009
this is very tasty, and so easy. the only thing negative i might mention is that its supper rich and and i would suggest serving with a nice cold glass of milk or as i did vanilla ice cream. also i used semi sweet mini chips insted and they worked great although i might try it with milk chocolate ones next time so its not nearly as rich.
Jun 24, 2009
I have had this recipe for a long time. I chop the nuts and add them at the same time as the chocolate chips. I have also frosted with Chocolate Ganache.
May 9, 2009
Yummy cake! Mine didn't look as pretty as the picture shown (maybe we were too anxious to eat it).
Oct 29, 2007
No comment left