Turkey Tea Sandwiches with Basil Mayonnaise
Basil mayonnaise is the secret to these tasty little sandwiches. Keep any extra mayo in the fridge to spread on other meat sandwiches, stir into egg salad or spread on pizza crust before topping it with other ingredients. —Lara Pennell, Mauldin, South Carolina
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
Makes20 tea sandwiches
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup loosely packed basil leaves
- 10 slices white bread, crusts removed
- 10 ounces thinly sliced deli turkey
- 5 slices provolone cheese
- Place mayonnaise and basil in a food processor; process until basil is finely chopped, scraping down sides as needed. Spread mayonnaise mixture over each bread slice. Layer 5 bread slices with turkey and cheese; top with remaining bread. Cut each sandwich into 4 long pieces.