Turkey Stuffing Bread
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 3-4 hours
Makes1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon warm milk (70° to 80°)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/3 cup cornmeal
- 3 cups bread flour
- 4-1/2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons celery seed
- 3/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available.
- Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
Editor's NoteWe recommend you do not use a bread machine's time-delay feature for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 117 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 242mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Apr 1, 2018
My bread machine is a 1 lb version, but I only use it for the dough setting, shape the dough as desired, then proof it and bake it in the oven. Would I need to adjust this recipe for the smaller machine, or does it matter as it's not to be baked in the machine?
Sep 19, 2015
This smelled wonderful while it was baking, and it didn't disappoint in flavor. My only change for next time is to reduce the amount of celery seed.
Nov 28, 2014
Wow. This bread is amazing, exactly what I was looking for. I made one loaf for our turkey stuffing, and I have another loaf baking right now, to make leftover sandwiches with. The combination of the spices with the onions is heavenly. I had to add about 2 1/2 tablespoons of water after I added the dry ingredients to the mix for the dough to have the right consistency. But the loaf turned out perfect, rose nicely, and baked up tender and moist. And absolute winner, thank you!
Sep 1, 2013
I made this recipe into rolls every year it's just like a stuffing roll so good to put leftovers on for a thanksgiving or christmas snack its my favorite
Feb 15, 2013
thanks for sharing Gayl
Feb 15, 2013
Made several loaves of this @ Christmas and used to stuff turkey. It was great! It was also fantastic to used for sandwiches after........almost better than the stuffing!
Dec 31, 2011
Love this recipe! I make it to use in dressing as well as for sandwiches
Sep 16, 2011
I don't have a bread machine so how long would you bake it and at what temperature? This sounds good and I want to try it.
May 25, 2011
No comment left
Oct 12, 2009
Deleted - see above. Jan