Turkey Potato Pancakes
My husband and our four children like pancakes, and I appreciate quick suppers...so I gave this recipe a try when I saw it. The addition of turkey turns golden side-dish potato pancakes into a simple main dish we all savor. -Kathy Duerr, Fulda, Minnesota
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 3 cups shredded peeled potatoes
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped cooked turkey
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions with tops
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Canola oil
- Cranberry sauce, optional
- In a sieve or colander, drain the potato, squeezing to remove excess liquid. Pat dry; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the turkey, onions, flour and salt. Stir in eggs until blended. Add the reserved potatoes; toss to coat.
- Heat about 2 tablespoons of oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Drop batter by 1/3 cupfuls into oil. Fry in batches until golden brown on both sides, using remaining oil as needed. Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with cranberry sauce if desired.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 262 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 199mg cholesterol, 976mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.