Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 5-1/3 cups uncooked whole wheat egg noodles
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- Optional: Reduced-fat sour cream and chopped green onions
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, cook the turkey, green pepper and onion over medium heat until turkey is no longer pink; drain. Add the garlic, chili powder and pepper; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in tomatoes and raisins; heat through. Drain noodles; serve with turkey mixture. Garnish with sour cream and green onions if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup turkey mixture with 1 cup noodles (calculated without sour cream and green onions): 463 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 535mg sodium, 69g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 9g fiber), 30g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Aug 13, 2020
Mar 8, 2018
This was great. My husband and I agreed that we will make it again.The recipe uses few ingredients, most of which you're likely to have on hand, and it comes together quickly. It makes a very generous four servings. I added a half tsp of ground cumin and half a fresh jalapeno (minced). Even with the addition of the jalapeno the heat level was very tame, making it a dish that anyone should love--just add hot sauce if you want it hotter.