Turkey Breast with Gravy
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 2-1/2 hours
- 1 bone-in turkey breast (5 to 6 pounds)
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup water
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- Place turkey breast in a shallow baking pan; coat the outside of the turkey with cooking spray. Tuck onion and celery underneath in the breast cavity. Combine seasonings; rub over turkey. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until a thermometer reads 185°, basting every 30 minutes. Remove turkey and keep warm. For gravy, combine flour and water in a saucepan until smooth. Add pan drippings and bouillon. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly; boil for 2 minutes. Slice turkey; serve with gravy.
Nutrition Facts4 ounce-weight: 349 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 196mg cholesterol, 552mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 72g protein.
Dec 26, 2015
This recipe is amazing! The turkey was so moist and the gravy had great flavor! ( I forgot to use the bouillon cube and used closer to half cup flour to a cup of water for the gravy.) Definitely a keeper. Thank you so much for sharing!
Dec 16, 2015
Perfect without changing a thing! Thank you for sharing!
Oct 26, 2015
Two simple suggestions: Unless you're a purist, skip the gravy part and get 1-2 bottles/cans of store-bought gravy. Saves time and effort, and tastes fine. Also, this is for everyone. Rub the spice mixture on under the skin for max flavor.
Dec 17, 2014
Very flavorful, turkey was nice and tender.
Jul 25, 2012
This was delicious. The turkey had so much flavor, and the gravy was perfect. My only suggestion would be to add the flour to about 1/4 C hot water and stir vigorously until smooth, THEN add it to the boiling water.
Feb 19, 2012
No comment left
Nov 15, 2009
No comment left